Victorian universities have a range of support services to assist international students while they study. Services include:
- Counselling – Counsellors provide a confidential service for students who require support and assistance in dealing with personal issues. This service is generally free of charge for students.
- Housing/Accommodation – Advisory service providing students with information and assistance to find accommodation whether itï¿½s on-campus or off-campus.
- Finance ï¿½ Financial advice to assist students with various financial problems that may occur during their studies. Services may include provision of student loans and/or payment plan arrangements to pay tuition fees.
- Disability – Students with disabilities can receive assistance in order to undertake their studies. This assistance may include adaptive technology, note-taking and sign interpreters. Check your eligibility with individual institutions.
- Health/Dental ï¿½ Many institutions have confidential medical and dental services available to students on university premises. You may be required to pay for these services.
- Childcare ï¿½ Provision of childcare services may be available to students who have children and need them to be looked after while they attend classes.
- Study Support ï¿½ There may be learning and academic support offered to students, ranging from help with the English language to assistance with essay writing and time organisation as well as buddy programs.